Asbury United Methodist Church (Abq.) is seeking to immediately hire a new Office Administrator. This is a salaried ($33,000), full-time position (40-44 hours per week, Monday – Thursday, Sundays, and some Saturdays). The administrator will serve approximately 2/3 of this time accomplishing administrative responsibilities for the church, and the remainder as the personal assistant to the Senior Pastor. Excellent writing and communication skills, proficiency with all applications of Microsoft Office, and skills in digital and social media communication, as well as website maintenance, are required. A detailed job description below. Letters of interest and resumes should be sent to Rev. Joe Whitley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Asbury United Methodist Church
The position of “Office Administrator” is a salaried ($33,000), full-time position (40-42 hours per week, Monday – Thursday, Sundays, and some Saturdays). The administrator will serve approximately 2/3 of this time accomplishing administrative responsibilities for the church. These responsibilities include:
- Preparing weekly bulletins and other periodic written materials
- Ensuring that the church website and other communications are up-to-date and easy to comprehend
- Ensuring up-to-date communication of church events and ministries via social media
- Purchasing needed supplies and material for church operations and ministries
- Keeping the church calendar, and scheduling space for the many meetings and events occurring at the church
- Screening requests (sometimes in person) from those in need seeking assistance
- Working with other staff members to further the goals and programs of the church, and attending weekly staff meetings
- Informing other staff of needs or direction from the Senior Pastor when these are not communicated in staff meetings
- Working with the Lay Pastor and other staff to facilitate the Senior Pastor’s directives and/or instructions
- Assisting staff and church members with worship, funeral, wedding, and event planning, coordination, and set-up
- Coordinating all church activities with the Building Manager so that set-ups may timely be made for all events
- Promptly informing both the Board of Trustees and the Building Manager of property and building needs
- Coordinating office volunteers and defining tasks for them to efficiently accomplish the needs of the office and the church
- Working with PowerChurch software and facilitating certain financial transactions relating to donor giving
- Acknowledging by letter donations of property valued at $250 or more (An IRS requirement before a donor may itemize the deduction)
- Working with MediaShout and/or ProPresenter worship software
- Coordinating background checks and Safe Sanctuaries training for Mother’s Day Out Staff and for all volunteers working with children or youth
- Fulfilling required reporting for the annual Charge Conference, as well as those reports required by the New Mexico Annual Conference and the denomination
The remaining hours will be used to serve as the personal assistant to the Senior Pastor. These responsibilities include:
- Receiving members of the congregation that drop by with needs
- Helping to determine whether needs and issues need the attention of the Senior Pastor and/or Lay Pastor
- Keeping the Senior Pastor’s calendar and scheduling appointments, as appropriate
- Advising the Senior Pastor and Lay Pastor of concerns of the congregation
- Other responsibilities as defined by the Senior Pastor.
Skills required for the position include the following:
- Christian, trustworthy, and ethical individual
- Professional presence, pleasant personality, patience, and sound judgment
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Proficient with all applications of Microsoft Office (including, but not limited to Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Skilled at digital communication and social media
- Skilled at website maintenance
- Skilled at organization and an effective manager of time (i.e. capable of meeting strict expectations and deadlines)
- Ability to work with volunteers and effectively coordinate their time and work
- Possessing a dedication to, and Spirit of, teamwork.
Benefits include paid vacation and sick leave.
Before employment, a background check will be conducted, and must be passed. Within the first two days of employment, Safe Sanctuaries training must be completed and testing passed.
Hiring shall be subject to a Probationary Period of 6 months, to be followed by a performance review
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.