History of Asbury UMC
On Easter Sunday, 1954, Leonard and Bernice Nichol began a new church in their small home on Salem NE. On July 21, 1957, the distinctive A-frame structure was dedicated to the praise of God. Many renovations and additions have led to the current facility for worship, fellowship and service. In 2015 Asbury celebrated 60 years of ministry in Albuquerque.
Asbury has long served the community by providing meeting space to organizations such AA, Alanon, the Sewing and Embroiders Guilds, Radio Control Club, and various music groups. Mothers Day Out has been in continuous service to the children of Albuquerque since 1972. Asbury in best known for mission activities and the Asbury Cafe that opened its doors at the New Mexico State Fair in 1960. Proceeds from the cafe are distributed to local charities.